Building networks and knowledge for sustainable design
This project constitutes the core of the Green Leap mission. It is essentially a combination of our activities building networks and spreading knowledge, and acts as a bridge between the design industry and research in sustainable development.
General aims of the projects
- To achieve a mutual collaboration between the design industry and technological development and research in the energy and environmental areas.
- To contribute, through this collaboration, to a product and service development with an increased focus on sustainable development and a more consumer and market oriented technical development and research in this area.
This will be achieved through:
- gathering skills in the area of design for sustainable development.
- developing kontakts with leading researchers, seats of learning, and relevant organizations.
- spreading information via the internet, exhibitions, newsletters, various other publications and public debates.
- become an active centre of knowledge with an exchange of knowledge through seminars, workshops, training and conferences where the design industry, researchers and trade and industry can meet.
- organise an international conference annually.
- initiate collaboration and research projects in close co-operation with corporations in different industries.
- assist in increasing the design element in engineering programmes.
- create scenarios for a sustainable future through workshops and projects.
- coordinate and lead activities in the area.